Question:
Which composition of Mozart is said to have healing properties?
2007-05-11 07:26:24 UTC
Which composition of Mozart is said to have healing properties?
Four answers:
lynndramsop
2007-05-11 14:13:12 UTC
wait a second! Literally. the Mozart effect happens when the tempo of the piece is MM= 60. One beat per second. this is considered a good resting heartbeat. If you're going to put on some piece like Marcia alla turka, you're not going to be very calm at all. so take heed, and use the middle movements of concerti, not the allegros.
hartwell
2007-05-11 07:49:38 UTC
I agree w/the other 2 people. There is not just a single piece that can help w/healing by Mozart. Although I haven't heard about studies associating healing w/Mozart. Studies have been made about listening to Mozart BEFORE taking a test/quiz/exam. They found that students tend to 'think' better or concentrate more during the tests after listening to Mozart's music.

Bach has been associated w/studies linking to 'healing.' Studies have shown that Bach is good for the digestive system. I'm a musician w/digestion issues and so far Bach hasn't been much help. ;-)
Keta
2007-05-11 07:37:39 UTC
This is called "The Mozart Effect". There is not one piece in particular that is said to have these "healing properties", but it is believed in general that his music can effect the health and mental abilities of a person.

http://www.mozarteffect.com/
?
2007-05-11 07:41:13 UTC
In my case, Mozart Symphony No. 25 in G Minor