Question:
begining flute?
Lizzy-Marie
2007-05-10 18:21:34 UTC
I want to start playing the flute. is it a good idea for beginier? i dont no. I cant play the clarnet. there is already enough
Six answers:
sbug91
2007-05-10 18:52:15 UTC
I've been playing the flute for 5 years and I enjoy it so much! Playing the flute is like blowing across a pop bottle. Its almost the same mouth formation. If you can do that, you can probably play the flute. Its not any better or worse than other instruments as long as you keep practicing. Its a lovely instrument, but dont be discouraged if the sound you make isn'y 'pretty' because flutes very easily play out of tune for beginners. Plus, the flute is light weight and east to carry around!
Bobby S
2007-05-10 18:28:42 UTC
Flute can be kinda tricky for a beginner. I knew a girl who couldn't even get a note out for the first two weeks she played... of course, 8 years later, and she won a spot with the All-State band. If you have patience or dedication, it's worth a try.

If you feel like being unique, or want a better shot at winning auditions later in life, then consider starting on an obscure instrument. Bass clarinet is probably the easiest "rare" instrument, but maybe talk to your band teacher about oboe or bassoon. Those two are especially hard, but playing something uncommon would help you out later in life. There are already PLENTY of good flute players.

In my opinion, it comes down to this. Do you want to fit into the crowd, or do you want to stand out from the crowd? In my experience, flute players usually have fun, usually have lots of flute friends, and kind of have their own girly "band group." It's a great social event. If you play something like the oboe, (and actually practice,) then you will have an advantage over a lot of people, and you will probably enjoy more long-term success. You'll have friends, of course, but it's for someone who's a bit more serious about music.
sarita
2007-05-10 22:43:43 UTC
The flute is the first instrument I played, and I am still playing after 19 years!! It is a great instrument for a beginning musician. Try to find a good teacher, that will help you a lot! Good Luck!!
?
2007-05-10 18:30:10 UTC
Yea ive been playing clarinet for 3 years, and i just got my flute 3 weeks ago & i already have a song down for 3rd year students! its an awesome intrument and really fun to play, if you do take it up, it may take some time to get ur 1st note out, so dont get frustrated~
binny
2007-05-10 18:30:22 UTC
Flute is a very easy instument to play, i've been playing for 3 years. In the beginning i thought it was hard but if you stick to it it gets easier. You should go for it, if you don't like it you can always switch.
rdfraser39
2007-05-10 18:28:57 UTC
Yea just gotta be commited