Question:
Is it possible to replace the silver on the keys of my clarinet?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Is it possible to replace the silver on the keys of my clarinet?
Two answers:
2007-05-11 02:14:23 UTC
itd be costy.... um try going to several places to see the prices and pick the cheapest one..... (they're gonna do the same job)
pepper
2007-05-10 19:21:16 UTC
Yes, it is.. and should be done quickly before the key itself actually starts to deteriorate (the silver is a protective skin). Replacing the keys will be more expensive!

Your local music shop should be able to help you - or you can re-plate it yourself with a home kit.

http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/plugnplate.htm

For a repair price, you can email these folks:

http://www.musical-instrument-repair-shop.com/clarinetrepair.htm

info @ musical-instrument-repair-shop . com