Question:
does anybody know what organ stop is being used in the?
Ryan T
2007-05-09 17:24:22 UTC
I love the pedal the stop that the organist is using in the pedal section. in this piece. click the link shown below to hear and see the piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPhIOHUqe3A
Two answers:
pingraham@sbcglobal.net
2007-05-11 22:32:02 UTC
The YouTube clip says it's played on the organ at the Bethlehemkerk in Den Haag, also called 's Gravenhage, (The Hague) in the Netherlands.

You may be able to figure it out at the source website which is all about that exact instrument. This website has not only a photo of the organ but, if you click on "Dispositie" on the home page, you'll pull up a list of all the stops on the organ.

Go to the left hand column "Pedaal (Ped)" where you'll see a list of all the pedal stops. And note the last three entries: Ped-HW, Pd-RW and Ped-BW. These are couplers which allows him to use stops from the manuals on the pedals, so you are probably hearing some of those stops in the pedal as well as pedal stops themselves.

Yes, it's in Dutch, but it's pretty easy to figure out how to find what you want.

The organist on the YouTube clip is Aarnoud de Groen, the resident organist at the church. He also has at least one other YouTube clip of an E minor Bach piece.
?
2007-05-10 12:41:25 UTC
It certainly sounds quite reedy to me. Could it be a bombarde stop?