Question:
I'd like to know how far Classical grades of music go up to.?
Tony Graff
2007-05-10 21:33:45 UTC
I am in grade 8 classical piano, and I'm trying out for one of many school bands tomorrow. I'm just wondering where I am as compared to how far I could be.
Two answers:
nkosi2uk
2007-05-11 06:47:10 UTC
Well, in the UK at least classical grades go from 1 (lowest) to 8 (highest), after which you can go on to diplomas, etc. Grade 8 usually means you are a highly competent amateur. Good luck for your audition...
pepper
2007-05-10 22:33:42 UTC
They go until you stop. Classical music - or any music for that matter, is not graded outside of a classroom. Aside from the "beginner", "intermediate" and "advanced" levels of instruction, grades are where you are academically. No one knows your skill level but you, your instructor, and those who listen to you.

Hasn't anything to do with your grade level! It's a good bet that if you don't know where you are - you aren't where you could be. :)