Question:
Compilation of famous classical music?
?
2008-06-07 09:39:05 UTC
does anyone know any CDs i can buy that contains famous and highly acclaimed classical music compositions?!
Five answers:
Mikey :)
2008-06-07 10:35:14 UTC
This CD is great!

The Most Uplifting Classics in the Universe:

http://tinyurl.com/6klq3o

Or make your own CD with songs from iTunes!

http://tinyurl.com/6yqxle

For a list of classical music's greatest hits, check out:

http://kickassclassical.com/most-popular-classical-top-100.html

Good luck!
2008-06-07 14:17:23 UTC
Listen to classical music and make notes of pieces/recordings you like.

Classical netstreams -- my favorites are --

http://128.125.204.54:2345/kuscaudio.mp3

http://www.vpr.net/vprclassical.asx

Classical radio stations

If your library has a website, reserve CDs there.

If you're in a hurry to own CDs, do some searches on Amazon and read the customer reviews.

Neil Miller, author of The Piano Lessons Book

Enter in Amazon.com search: Neil Miller Piano Lessons Book

OR http://www.createspace.com/3332371
Simple
2008-06-08 21:30:07 UTC
"Best piano classics 100" by EMI. EMI is a reputable company and its list of artists are simply the best in our generation.

"Best classics 100" by EMI again. It is very good, in my opinion.

You can buy compilation CDs from Gramophone, Decca or EMI or sony. These are the giants companies in the classical world.
Malcolm D
2008-06-07 11:25:54 UTC
Look for the Essential Series on Decca, they have one for each major composer and give a flavor of each, so that you can use them as a starting point.

e.g. Essential Beethoven, Essential Bach or Essential Rachmaninov (etc. etc.)

They are great value.
The Land Of Jakebelieve
2008-06-07 09:42:39 UTC
there is a series titled "classical thunder" which has a good number of known classical music.